1. 真遗憾。That's a shame。
A: That's a shame. Our basketball team lost yesterday's match。
B: Oh, come on. You can't always win。
噢，想开点儿。你们不可能总赢呀。 ★ shame [Feim] n. 遗憾，羞耻
2. 我搞砸了。I screwed up. = I messed up。
= I blew it。
● screw up"把……弄糟" ● mess up"搞糟，陷入困境"
3. 我恨死自己了。I could kick myself, really。
A: I could kick myself, really。
B: If you work hard, you will be successful。
● kick oneself"严厉自责"
4. 白费我那么多力气。All that for nothing.
A: All that for nothing. 白费我那么多力气。 B: Don't be so depressed. 别这么丧气。
5. 我对他实在很失望。 I'm really disappointed with him。
A: Has he passed the exam?
B: No. I'm really disappointed with him。
★ disappointed [7isE5pinti] a. 失望的
6. 我对他做的事情实在不满意。I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did。
A: I'm quite dissatisfied with what he did。
B: But he tried his best。
dissatisfied a. 不满意的 ● try one's best"尽力"
7. 我感到很难过。I feel really sad. = I'm really unhappy。
8. 我原指望会好得多。I expected it to be much better。
A: I'm very disappointed at the new house. I expected it to be much better。
B: You can't say that, David. I think it's much better than mine。
★ expect [ik5spekt] v. 期待， 预期
9. 真让人失望！What a disappointment!
= What a letdown!
○ It's disappointing. 这真令人扫兴。
10. 真令人失望！How disappointing!
A: How disappointing! The match just began when it rained。
B: Next time we'd better listen to the weather report carefully。
11. 真是白费力气。It was a waste of effort.
○ All my effort went down the drain。
a waste of … 表示"对……的浪费"。一般后面会接time、money这一类词。
12. 我真傻！What a fool I was!
○ I feel like such an idiot! 我真是个傻瓜！ ★ idiot [5iiEt] n. 白痴， 傻瓜
13. 你让我失望了。You let me down。
A: I failed French again. 我的法语又没及格。 B: You let me down. 你让我失望了。 ● let down"使失望"
14. 我的内心充满了悲伤。My heart has been filled with grief。
A: My heart has been filled with grief. 我的内心充满了悲伤。 B: Cheer up! 振作起来！
grief [^ri:f] n. 悲伤
15. 今天真是什么都不顺心。Today just isn't my day。
A: What's wrong with you today？你今天怎么了？ 05
B: Today just isn't my day. 今天真是什么都不顺心。
16. 这不是我所期望的。 It's not what I expected。
= It's not as good as I expected。
○ It's expected to be much better. 我原指望它会好得多。
17. 纯属浪费时间。It's a waste of time。
A: You should talk to him. 你应该和他谈谈。
B: It's a waste of time. 纯属浪费时间。
18. 实在没有办法。It can't be helped. = There's nothing you can do with it。
19. 真倒霉！What luck!
A: What luck! We've run out of gas. 真倒霉！汽油用光了。
B: We'll be late again today. 今天我们又要迟到了。